Wednesday, July 25, 2012






Just do it. 
Sometimes the how whys and wherefores can stop an idea before it is even started. Everyday here in Bali I see a business or manufacturing process that just would not happen at home. Of corse there are many reasons. Very relaxed OH&S as well as environmental and business laws probably seem to be the biggest reasons for westerners here. 


The spirit of I can do that is alive and well. it may mean you end up with a plumber who is actually a cleaner or a builder who usually cooks. The spirit of can do, results in many amazing outcomes. ... on one hand you may end up with a beautiful bathroom, all the fittings with no water connected. Or a gorgeous wall with no foundations so you will only be able to be able to appreciate it's beauty from afar and for a short while.


I am going to take  a little of the can do with me when I go home. I won't be plumbing bathrooms but a limited range here and then that is a lot of fun to do. That I can do.




These beautiful papers were drying in the sun. I asked to take photos . The ladies were sitting making offerings. The paper is made in the morning. Dries during the day. The ladies sit minding the paper. chatting eating and laughing a lot. The children are there too. All beside a busy road. It's a happy place.


The first words I said to my kids were " don't touch just look" The indonesian makers said it's ok ... You like  and chatted with the children encouraging them to look and walk through the drying papers.


nts CHILL















No comments:

Post a Comment